Rules & Regulations
|Awards||FIA Awards are/will be referred to as the “Awards”|
|Applicant/Nominee||An individual or an Organization that sends in an application to participate in the Awards as per these rules|
|Awards Management||Individuals/panels/members of FIA responsible for the conduct of the “Awards”|
|Jury||Individuals appointed by Awards Management to evaluate the applications|
- Objective of the Awards
FIA is pleased to announce the First Awards in 2019 on their 10th Anniversary. Awards will be presented on August 16th 2019 at The Meadows Club, Rolling Meadows. All high-quality nominations which will be received for the Awards will be shortlisted to minimum 5 per category nominations across all the categories. Award categories and definitions
The Award categories and the parameters for evaluation may be changed / modified / split / merged / increased or cancelled by the Awards Management and / or Jury based on the number of entries received in any category, and the quality of the entries. We expect minimum of 5 nominations per category. The decision in this regard will be final and non-contestable.
- Call for entries, nomination & participation
The call for entries for the Awards will be announced on the FIA website and social media.
The Awards Management and / or Jury have the right to reject any nomination in any Award category if false/misleading information is found to have been submitted in the nomination process.
Nominees/applicants can apply for or be nominated in more than one Award categories, subject to maximum of five categories and to fulfilment of rules and regulations mentioned herein.
A nominee/applicant can submit more than one entry in an Award category if the entries are for different initiatives. A new nomination form must be submitted for each initiative.
If separate application forms are received for the same initiative, from different individuals / organizations, such entries will be treated as one entry.
The Awards Management has the right to reorganize/reclassify application forms from one category to another, at its discretion.
- Eligibility Criteria
- The Awards are open for Indian origin residents of USA only.
- Only Individual, Company and Organization can participate.
- FIA Members and their immediate family cannot participate.
- The Awards Management may modify the eligibility criteria in best interests of the Awards.
- The Awards Management holds the right to disqualify any application which does not meet the eligibility criteria without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- Receipt of entries
Participation in the Awards in any manner will be construed as an acceptance to the Rules and Regulations stated herein.
An applicant can apply for the Awards by submitting the completed nomination/application form in the following manner:
In the nomination form, fill in the following details about yourself
- Title of the project
- Name of the submitter
- Additional members (optional)
- Email address
- Mobile Number: Enter your 10 digit mobile number
- Work or Home Number: Please enter your landline number
- Institution / Affiliation.
- Select category
- Answer questions
- Award Selection
The first phase of the nomination process will close on midnight June 15th and the second phase (which is voting phase) will start and close by midnight June 25 to August 10th. In the third phase from August 10th to August 16st FIA Team and Independent Advisory team will make the final selection of winners from the top 5 nominations, the applicant/nominee will be ask to submit more details and supporting evidence of his/her work.
Winners will be selected based on
- 50% from Voting
- 25% from FIA Management Team
- 25% from Independent Advisory Team
Awards Management may not consider / be responsible/ held liable for application forms which are in incorrect format / without declaration / received late / corrupt etc.
- Application Information
- If at any time, any information provided by any applicant/nominee is found to be false/misleading/incorrect in any manner, then the applicant/nominee will not be permitted to continue participation in the Awards.
- Determination of whether the information is incorrect or not rests with Awards Management & FIA.
- The Awards Management has the right to ask for proof of information provided / audit the information provided in the nomination/application form. If such a request is made and the applicant/nominee does not comply, the applicant/nominee could be disqualified from participation at the Awards.
- Nominees and winners permit free of cost the use of their name and factual information about their application and entry(s) in the public media (for the build-up to the Awards, during the Awards ceremony, etc) and do not have any right to any revenues earned through intellectual property rights generated by the Awards, if any.
- Applicants/nominees & winners permit FIA to use the information provided by them in the application form(s) for promotional features about the Awards.